Apr 3, 2019
If you haven't heard of David Gillespie, and you live in Australia, you need to google him! He's such a wealth of information, and has many books of interest on health, parenting, education, and more.
This chat is between a mum of 5, and a dad of 6. Between us we have lots to give in the parenting arena!
David's latest book, The Teen Brain, is a must for parents of kids of any age. To me this book is a parenting book based on science - not someone's personal ideology.
"It's about discipline...ours not there's"
Topics for discussion:
- The path for David to write this book
- How he's evolved along with his kids
- Do we have a reason to worry about kids and technology
"The challenge of parenting is to provide a safe environment for learning but not make it so safe that nothing can be learned."
- Puberty and how it is a unique time in the bio chemistry of our brain
- How addictions have changed since the invention of the iPhone
- The addiction 'reality' of the software industry
- Understanding addiction and our reward systems
- How this all works in the context of social media & gaming
"The point is to make people keep coming back - and the only way to do that is to hook up to the bodies reward system"
- What are the answers for parents
- Parenting styles, how they've changed, and the implications
- Teenagers and natural consequences
"The level of dependency on screens is directly correlated with the parent's ability to set boundaries." Dr Ben Caunt, Clinical Psychologist.
- The importance of teenage boys having a male around them that they respect
- Practical tips
To connect with David:
Facebook: David Gillespie
His new book is available now: The Teen Brain
To connect with me - Women's Transformation Health Coach - please go to:
For your access to my FREE resources library, click here: http://bit.ly/FREERESOURCESLIBRARY
I offer one on one online coaching to women, online programs and e-books.
I also offer a free 15 min Skype consultation to see if I may be able to help you on your health journey.
Mobile: 0425 847 286
Love Tracey xx