Jun 12, 2019
In this first episode of the 'Doc & the Coach', Dr Jackie Montefiore and I answer your health questions, from a doctors perspective and a coaches perspective.
Today we looked at:
1. What should we eat for optimal health given all the conflicting information out there?
2. Is there a link between meat and cancer?
3. Explain what 'keto' is
4. How low do I need to take my 'carbs'
5. Is it necessary to 'count' macros?
6. Do we need to eat before we exercise?
7. Dr Jackie shares what she fuels her body with while she is training for a marathon. Jackie has followed Dr Phil Maffetone's MAF method for improving her cardiovascular endurance. His website is here: https://philmaffetone.com/
8. What is fat adapted training, and how do we do this?
9. Jackie and I both share our fat adapted training stories
10. Intermittent fasting. What is it, how is it done, why is it worth doing?
11. Do we need to take vitamins and minerals on keto? This discussion includes the importance of electrolytes. The study Jackie mentions by Caryn Zinn can be found here: https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/8/2/e018846
Disclaimer: This podcast contains general information relating to various medical conditions and their treatment. Such information is provided for information purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for advice provided by a doctor or other qualified health care professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult with a doctor or other health care professional for medical advice or information about diagnosis and treatment.
If you're looking for a supportive GP, specialist, nutritionist, dietitian or coach to support your health journey, that will also ask you what you're eating, Low Carb Down Under have fantastic resources here:
If you've got questions for Dr Jackie or myself that you would like us to cover on the next episode, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To connect with Jackie:
To connect with me (Tracey), Women's Health Coach
Instagram: @tracey_mcbeath and @lowcarb_lifestyle_coach
Facebook: Tracey McBeath
I offer one on one coaching, group coaching, online programs, personalised programs & speaking services.